Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Do You Know the Way to Santa Fe

OK, the title of this post is a little lame but I'm tired so it's the best I can come up with.... :)

Before leaving Oklahoma City we went to the Murrah Building Memorial. It's very beautiful and very awful at the same time. Seeing all those empty chairs broke my heart......
I took a few photos and will try to post them tomorrow.

The drive from OK to the New Mexico border was pretty boring. Not at all as interesting as the trip through Missouri. Those folks in OK and the Texas pan handle really need to step up their game when it comes to quality roadside attractions......LOL Best thing I saw was a fake buffalo. Lucky Lucy slept most of the way across Texas. It's not her kind of place....bwahahahaha....

While the stretch of New Mexico along I40 didn't offer any roadside amusements, the scenery made up for the lack of quirky signs. I can't come up with a good adjective. Beautiful isn't quite the right word, perhaps striking is better. The landscape is so different - it's a type of desert I'm not used to seeing - large bushes, scrub trees, rolling hills, range lands, isolated ranches, dry stream beds.

We made to Lucy's mom's house in time to have a great supper and watch the sun set. I'm really looking forward to seeing more of Santa Fe tomorrow.

DiLu

5 comments:

Queen of Dishing said...

Wow how long total are you guys gone? This is a long trip!! Are you out of clean underwear yet?

Lucy and Diane said...

Still have clean undies, thanks to coin laundries in hotels!

LUCYG said...

Will be gone a total of nearly 3 weeks. We're old and retired!

Jen said...

Looking forward to some beautiful Santa Fe photos. And happy about the undies.

Maria Ontiveros said...

So glad you went to the Murrah Building. I'm looking forward to the pictures.
Rinda

Post a Comment